Time does not heal! Only Jesus heals!
I have heard all my life, time heals. Time does not heal! Only Jesus heals; only He restores what is broken and lost in us. We can search our whole lives waiting for “ time“ to do her great work, but the reality is, then you will never heal! Jesus promised to bind up the wounds of the brokenhearted, set at liberty the captive, and give us life more abundantly. If we spend our whole life lost in a cloud of hurt, distrust, wearing masks, reacting out of our trauma to the things we face today, then are we truly effective for the Kingdom of the Lord? If I am so distracted by my hurt, fear, and anxiety, will I genuinely see the pain and needs of someone else? Will I be able to intercede for their condition? The enemy would have us stay stuck in those distractions, fears, hurts, and the past. He knows if we find our freedom, we will be warriors in the Kingdom of God. If we find our voice and speak the truth of God’s Word, we silence the enemy’s voice! Then he will have lost his hold on us! Declare the reality of the Lord over your life, over your family, over your church. Speak the promises out loud every day over yourself. Declare victory with the authority Jesus has given to you and me!
I spent way too long pretending all was “fine,” being the “strong one,” “the survivor,” I believe that I started to think my worth was wrapped up in not letting anyone see that I was so hurt and wounded. I was not doing a very good job of living abundantly, and I was good at denying, pretending, and making myself forget the hurt. Somehow, my identity came from my approval for just surviving. I was afraid that if I let anyone see that I was not ok, I would be more than a failure. I wore masks, and I lived in silence and fear of the past and those things happening again. I felt abandoned and rejected; I carried those feelings and fears into every relationship I had. I would do everything I could to prove I was worthy of love to those in my life, yet I never truly felt like I mattered.
I kept and still keep most people at arm’s length; I don’t trust easily. But when the Lord sent someone that I was able to share my heart and my hurt with, I could genuinely confess those faults (things we’ve done or things done to us. Those fractured places in our hearts and minds), and things started to change. In talking and praying about those things, healing comes just as Jesus promises.
Please don’t waste another day in hurt and shame. Don’t stay stuck in pain as long as I did. Ask Jesus to mend your heart to heal you. Time won’t do it; only HE will.
Ask Him to send someone that you can confide in and trust. Believe me, He will answer. He sent just who I needed at the right time. He’s promised to send “well-timed help..” He has promised to be our help. ( Psalms 46:1)
You can do the hard things. I never thought I could until this last year. Now I know it’s ok not to be ok all the time, to ask for help when I need it! I have seen that Jesus makes me enough, and He gives me strength! His grace is sufficient for each day .
My dear friend and Christian counselor Pastor Charlotte told me once … “ healing may come instantly, but most often, it’s in walking out that healing journey that you find your greatest call.” Don’t be afraid to walk the journey to wholeness, friend!
We are declaring over you today!
- You do not walk alone; He will hold you by your hand and walk with you!
- Isaiah 41:13 For I am the LORD your GOD who takes hold of your right hand, who says to you, ‘Do not fear, I will help you,’
- Jesus will be there every step of the way; He will not leave you as an orphan!
- John 14:18 I will not leave you as orphans; I am coming to you.
- He will restore what was stolen from you!
- Joel 2:25 Then I will compensate you for the years that the swarming locust has eaten, the creeping locust, and the gnawing locust – My great army which I sent among you.
- He will give you beauty for ashes!
- Isaiah 61:3 To grant those who mourn in Zion, Giving them garland instead of ashes, The oil of gladness instead of mourning, The cloak of praise instead of a disheartened spirit. So they will be called oaks of righteousness, The planting of the LORD, that He may be glorified.
- Jesus is the healing for every wounded heart!
- Psalm 147:3 He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.
Let Him do what “time” can not do, heal every hurting part of your life.